Offworld Industries will be holding public playtests on Saturday, October 2nd at 18:00 UTC and Sunday, October 3rd at 18:00 UTC.
These playtests will be a chance to give feedback on the upcoming v2.12 update, which includes the following features:
- Shadows & lighting overhaul
- Buddy boost (being able to jump on your teammates to get over walls)
- Capture zone scaling (capture speed will now scale with the number of players in a capture zone)
Joining the public playtest will help us see how these changes perform. It is also a chance to try out upcoming gameplay changes and fixes for v2.12.
These playtests will occur on the “Squad – Public Testing” application, so players will need to have the “Squad – Public Testing” application.
To get the best results and to be able to join the playtest, follow these guidelines
- The “Squad – Public Testing” application will be available in your Steam Library ONLY if you own Squad. It can be found by searching for “Squad – Public Testing” within the Steam Library search bar.
- Downloading the “Squad – Public Testing” application is equivalent to downloading another copy of Squad, so please ensure you allow yourself enough time to download it and enough HDD space to have it installed.
- The build(s) we will be using during the playtests are not currently available. This means if you install the “Squad – Public Testing” application now in preparation for the tests, there will be an additional (smaller) download closer to the time of the tests. Please keep that in mind, and set your Steam Library to auto-update if possible.
Take your chance to leave an impression on v2.12, and we’ll see you on the field.