Today brings the v2.4 update, aiming to provide a slew of bug fixes and some further systems changes since the v2.3 release.
While we are here, we believe it’s best to inform you that since the release of v2.0, the project leads of Squad have been formulating a new release process to help improve the cadence of releases and will hopefully allow the team to release more minor changes and bug fixes, while other team members can focus on large content drops or massive overhauls of mechanics/features that are further in the future. Ideally, this will also help us tackle our backlog of issues and provide a bit of spring cleaning for Squad in some of the most sought-after places.
With that said, You may have noticed that since V2.0 we have been able to deploy more updates on a regular basis which is the beginning of this new release process. There’s still some fine-tuning to be done to ensure it works for all disciplines, and realistically, likely some initial hurdles in incorporating this new structure into releases as we continue. OWI is committed to providing more frequent updates, which will steadily improve the game experience for all, and we hope you’ll see that very soon with these process changes.Now, onto the notes!
Note: Reminder to go to Settings -> “CLEAR CACHE” after updating, to ensure there are no residual issues after update.
- Fixed two Server Crashes related to UI and map rotation.
- Fixed an issue with the vehicle card info in the Command Menu Screen not providing the correct information about vehicle spawn times and tickets.
- Fixed an issue where TAA could not be turned fully off. Now turning this setting Off will completely remove all anti-aliasing. Note, many rendering features rely on TAA to work properly. To avoid graphical artifacts, only turn TAA Off as a last resort. If you continue to experience blurriness after updating please try clearing your cache within the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue with Servers always skipping the first Map Layer in rotation.
- Fixed an issue that allowed teams to have one extra HAT per team, caused by an error in the logic regarding HAT01 and HAT02 being counted separately in the total pool of HAT kits.
- Fixed an issue that allowed teams to have too many LAT kits, caused by an error in the logic regarding LAT01 and LAT02 not being counted together in the total pool of LATs per-team.
- Fixed an issue with the LAT kit Squad limit notification warning, which was incorrectly using the TEAM limit warning text.
- Fixed an issue with the SA330 Transport helicopter, where the Pilot had an exposed foot.
- Fixed an issue with the A10 airstrike not spawning as many projectiles as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the Stamina bar would be stuck on the UI when in the admin cam.
- Fixed a UI issue where the next map was not showing in the Scoreboard after it was changed by the admin command.
- Fixed a UI issue where the Scoreboard menu was not displaying the current map layer name.
- Fixed an audio issue with the L85 and AK74 firing sounds being too low volume.
- Fixed an issue where certain Admin Commands were accessible on licensed servers when they should not have been.
- Fixed various potential Settings exploits.
- Fixed an issue in the server browser, where the Game Mode column was not properly aligned.
- Fixed an issue with the Streamer Support, Team Kill, and Vehicle Claim notifications which were unintentionally showing the full player name when this feature was enabled in Settings.
- Fixed an issue with the configurable Automatic teamkill bans for servers not being included by default in the new Server.cfg.
- Fixed an issue in the Audio Settings Menu where the Microphone input would show up as Empty after clearing the cache.
- Fixed an issue where enemy soldiers were sometimes not visible for Vehicle Gunners.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Squad Leaders from being given Incendiary Grenades on Insurgency Map Layers.
- Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard Menu would not display Kit Role icons under the role column.
- Fixed a Server Crash related to the SqPlayerController.
- Fixed an exploit where Deployable Emplacements could unintentionally have infinite ammo when placed in a specific way.
- Fixed an issue with the GB NLAW HAT rocket going off to the left in Direct Fire mode by making sure the target lateral speed for the missile is always zeroed if the PLOS targeting system is disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the server browser with blurry map thumbnails for Goose Bay Kamdesh, Kohat, Manic-5, Mutaha, Tallil, and Tutorial maps.
- Fixed a minor typo in the name of the GB FV107 CVR(T) Recon Vehicle.
- Fixed a minor issue with a broken material for the front grill of the US M939 Truck.
System & Gameplay Updates
- Updated CAF LAV6 IFV to now be equipped with a C6A1 MG open-top turret for seat 4.
- Updated CAF characters to use the new improved skin shaders.
- Updated CAF Grenadier to now use the C7A2 + C79 Scope + proper M203A1 CAF UGL variant.
- Updated Kit Limits for Heavy AT kit, now limited to 1 max per-squad and 2 max per team.
- Updated GB Elcan LDS scope reticle for increased authenticity.
- Updated the SL Vehicle Claim system to have an added 4-second cooldown to prevent claim fighting. This should prevent one SL from being able to immediately override another SL’s vehicle claim by being the last to interact with the vehicle.
- Adjusted LAT 02 (with Scoped Rifles) kit roles to have 2x frag grenades for the following factions: CAF, GB, MEA, RUS, USA.
- Adjusted the kick/ban messages so that successful kick/ban should appear in the game chat just as they used to. Additionally, if a kick/ban attempt fails, the command executor will be notified.
- Adjusted the helicopter pilot’s seated pose to show their left hand on the collective and right hand on the cyclic.
- Adjusted A10 impact and splash damage values to match SU25, and slightly increased deviation.
- Adjusted Ammo Rack cook-off start threshold and burning rate on all MBTs. The burnout time should be between 8 and 22 seconds. Single-shot burnout can be caused only by a TOW or Konkurs. HATs and MBT main guns should require at least 2 hits. Note that after 2+ ammo rack hits in some cases there might not be a cook-off afterward (or a very short one) depending on how much HP the ammo rack has left.
- Adjusted Mosin Nagant firing sounds to have an increased volume.
- Adjusted names of some sub-factions, shortening them slightly, and standardizing the nomenclature.
- Adjusted Sub Faction names to include the name of the faction in a truncated manner (“CAF”) before the sub-faction name.
- Adjusted CAF kit geometry to remove Boonie hats for all kit roles except Sniper.
- Adjusted CAF Grenadier inventory to remove Binoculars.
- Adjusted CAF LAV6 IFV’s Gunner FOV 1st zoom level from 3x to 1.5x magnification, to reduce tunnel vision effect with the 1st zoom level.
Experimental Joystick Support for Helicopters Update
- Added the ability to use Joystick action mappings as inputs. This is for the native support of buttons and triggers on various Joystick setups.
- Added options for keyboard-only flight bindings for helicopters.
- Added experimental hybrid controls for switching between joystick, keyboard, mouse during flight.
- Added Joystick HAT switch quick-look controls.
- Added Helicopter keybinds for picking up and dropping supplies. This currently does not work for ground vehicles. Note: these can be bound to Joystick buttons.
- Added recentering keybind for helicopter freelook.
- Joystick axes are no longer bound by default, to reduce the chance of conflicts. Players will need to manually bind their joystick axes until the feature is out of an experimental state.
- Updated the Joystick Menu UI with improved presentation, and renamed many options for clarity and consistency.
- Added Free Look for helicopters while in third person (Jenson’s Range/Modded Gameplay only).
- Fixed an issue on the Joysticks menu where the “lock-free look” feature would be displayed behind the joystick curves on certain resolutions.
- Fixed Joystick settings not being able to be reset to defaults.
- We appreciate any feedback pilots can provide on this experimental joystick support. We anticipate releasing a more polished version with bug fixes and more quality of life improvements in a near-future release.
- If you are having issues with Helicopter flying, and you are not using a Joystick, go to Settings -> Controls -> Helicopter Axes to unbind any axes bound there.
- Please Note: Multiple Joysticks/Rudder Pedals/HOTAS input is not currently supported. There is currently no differentiation between device IDs. You may be able to get around this if your joystick software can combine all HOTAS axes into a single virtual input device. Full Multiple Joystick Support is planned in the future, but it will require an extensive complete overhaul to the Control Settings.
Map Updates & Bug Fixes
- Added new map layer: Mutaha AAS v2 – GB vs RUS
- Added new map layer: Goose Bay AAS v2 – CAF vs RUS.
- Added new map layer: Chora AAS v3 – USA vs RUS.
- Updated Fool’s Road tunnels with a post-processing transition so player view darkens more gradually.
- Updated Yehorivka Invasion v1 team vehicle balance.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle spawns on Invasion v2 vehicle loadouts.
- Updated the number of tickets for both teams across all Insurgency layers. Attackers now get 200 tickets and defenders get 1000.
- Adjusted Fallujah to remove additional water planes and water sounds from the sewers.
- Adjusted Fallujah minimap to reflect gameplay boundary more accurately in the South East quadrant.
- Adjusted CAF Goose Bay Invasion v1 so the CAF defender’s no longer have forward spawns for infantry and LAV6’s, to allow Attacker’s a better success rate on the first objective.
- Adjusted Mutaha Skirmish v1 lighting to sunset (was sandstorm).
- Adjusted Gorodok RAAS v3 to lower the initial helicopter spawn delay to 6 minutes (was 20 minutes).
- Adjusted CAF Goose Bay RAAS v1 to have reduced tank delay from 20 minutes to 10 minutes for both teams.
- Adjusted CAF Goose Bay RAAS v1 RUS vehicle loadout swapping Tigr to BTR82A.
- Fixed an issue on Tallil Tanks v1 and v2 with incorrect vehicle respawn times. Tanks and IFVs should now respawn on these 2 map layers in 5 minutes instead of the regular 10 minutes for IFV’s and 15 minutes for tanks.
- Fixed an issue on Narva AAS v2 with blocked GB LPPV vehicle spawners.
- Fixed an issue on Yehorivka AAS v1 with blocked GB LPPV vehicle spawners.
- Fixed an issue with the building collisions on the Narva Hospital POI.
- Fixed an issue on Fools Road with black wheat fields.
- Fixed an issue with floating roads at Al Basrah Airfield POI.
- Fixed an issue on Goose Bay with missing collisions on various fences.
- Fixed an issue on Goose Bay with a wall that could be passed through on the second level of a garage.
- Fixed an issue on Fallujah with some rocks that infantry could clip into to gain an advantage.
- Fixed an issue on Skorpo AAS v1 where the USA protection zone was colliding with helicopter rotor blades. Also increased the protection zone height to match the RUS protection zone.
- Fixed an issue on CAF Al Basrah Invasion v2 where CAF vehicle repair stations and ammo crates were floating and outside of the CAF Main base.
- Fixed an issue with Kamdesh Invasion v1 where INS vehicles were not spawning correctly.
- Fixed an issue on Manic-5 with a bad rock face.
- Fixed an issue on Goose Bay with a bad rock face.
- Fixed an issue on CAF Mutaha AAS v1 which was displaying the incorrect Map Loading Screen image (was incorrectly showing up as Mestia).
v2.4 Known Issues
- FOB Bleedout Progress Bar currently has a regression and does not display properly in v2.4. The fix for this issue will be deployed in the next update.
v2.0 Known Issues
- Occasional Player (Client) crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster, and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent in crash reports.
- Various Kit icon issues – Occasionally the kit and weapon in the deploy screen squad list will show up as a white square instead of the kit.
- The deploy screen squad list will sometimes display incorrect players that are not actually in the squad.
- SL icons sometimes incorrectly show up for player kits in the spawn screen squad list (and outside of the squad list).
- SL icons show up for every kit on ammo crates when rearming.
- Player kit role icons are sometimes not being displayed on certain menu screens.
- HAB will sometimes show up as “red/unspawnable”, even when it is in fact spawnable. Fix has been applied but there still remain some alternative ways to reproduce this issue.
- Some players may be experiencing very low-res textures after the v2.0 release. If you are experiencing this issue, you are likely under the minimum recommended specs for VRAM (4GB). This may be mitigated by ticking the “unlock pool size” box in the settings menu under the textures tab, but it may come with more performance stutter.
Legacy Known Issues
- Player (Client) occasional crash at the end of a round, upon map switch, due to a UE4 Particle Crash bug upon seamless map travel. Actively pursuing a fix for this crash.
- “Missing Turret in Vehicle Issue” – Occasionally vehicles have their turrets missing from the round start. This issue is a high priority for us to fix.
- “Ghost Player in Vehicle issue” – Occasionally entering a vehicle makes a player permanently take up a seat in that vehicle. This issue is a high priority to fix.
- “Mass EAC disconnect issue” – Occasionally upon the end of a round and when a map switch occurs, the majority of a server population will be disconnected with a “Server Closed Connection” message. Closely working with EAC to resolve this issue.
- “FOB teleport bug” – Occasionally upon digging a FOB down, players within a certain radius of the FOB will be teleported outside of the FOB radius in a random direction.
- Commander – When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he hears all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were initially transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward. Will be addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters. This will be addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature can freeze a vehicle in the air if used too close to a tree.
- Occasionally a player does not spawn at a Rally Point. This often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the same time — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the actual synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution is currently in long-term development.
- Vehicles parking brake gets stuck “On” if a player exits the vehicle while holding the parking brake (Default Spacebar). When encountering a vehicle that appears healthy but is not able to move, try hitting Spacebar to turn the parking brake “Off’ — This will be addressed in a future update.
- “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen freezes the Player (client). The recommended solution, for now, is to run Squad in the “Borderless” mode. This can be changed in Settings -> Graphics.
- The audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad needs to be restarted to get the microphone to work again — This issue will likely require an engine upgrade to UE4.25 to be fixed.
- SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses the fire button for a short period, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds than you did — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. We plan to push a full localization pass in a future release as we lock down the text that needs to be translated for the game.
Local/Offline Issues & Bugs (these currently have a lower priority):
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local. Local/Offline issues currently have a lower priority.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – CAS does not do damage in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope remains on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.