Following the release of v2.0 last week along with hotfixes v2.1 and v2.2 to address some critical bugs, we have another minor release today! v2.3 has more bug fixes along with some gameplay and map layer tweaks. For those pilots that are keen to fly with joysticks, we have included an early experimental support for Joysticks in this release. We’d love to hear your feedback! Expect more bug fixes, and further refinement to the joystick support in the near future.
Remember to go to Settings -> “CLEAR CACHE” after updating, to ensure there are no residual issues after the update.
v2.3 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with T72 and T62 frag shells not showing VFX when hitting armoured vehicles.
- Fixed a Client Crash related to the soldier dragging UI.
- Fixed an issue with the INS Modern Technical Mortar weirding out the camera when reloading.
- Fixed an issue with helicopter yaw responding regardless of engine RPM, which allowed players to turn on the landing pad as soon as engine ON was pressed. Note, this does not solve the issue with turning in place once the engine is fully spooled up.
- Fixed an issue with the ticket counts for Invasion attacking teams being too low. Now set to 200 on all Invasion layers (except for Fallujah Invasion v2, which has the INS attacking team starting with 250).
- Fixed an issue with the Alternate Technical Dshk, where the gunner could be shot in the back through the top hatch collision.
- Fixed an issue with certain under-barrel grenade launchers having a wrong transition animation while switching between primary weapon and UGL.
- Fixed an issue where MIL Rifleman 1, 2, and 4 changes were not applied as advertised in v2.0 change notes. MIL Rifleman 01 now uses FAL. MIL Rifleman 02 now uses AK74. MIL Rifleman 04 Makarov now has 2 mags.
- Fixed a typo in the Gorodok map loading screen.
- Fixed an issue with the VFX particles on a flaming barrel static causing poor map performance.
- Fixed an issue with the LUV-A1 Utility Vehicle collision, to reduce chances of the vehicle flipping over upon spawning.
- Fixed a grammatical error with the notification when a Medic kit role is unavailable.
- Fixed a minor visual issue with the texture of the BTR80 & BTR82A desert commander’s periscope.
- Fixed a minor issue with the Training Menu button for Jensen’s Range incorrectly displaying US Army instead of MEA.
If you didn’t see the release notes from last week, here’s the hotfix bug fixes for v2.1 and v2.2:
v2.1 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the MEA HAT Soldier being an Ironman. (Note: still has no blood effects, but is no longer immortal.)
- Fixed an issue with electronic vehicle cameras, drone cam, and UAV cam having excessive scan-line effect, which was unintentional and caused by bad texture sampling.
- Fixed an issue with the Vehicle/Deployable weapon overheat system causing unnecessary excessive server network traffic.
v2.2 Bug Fixes
- Added a Graphics Settings option to support users below min spec VRAM, who are having very low resolution textures. The option is enabled to unlock the texture pool size to use the available extents of the GPU. If you are experiencing this issue, please tick this box in the settings menu, if not, leave it unchecked for better performance.
- Fixed an issue with long server messages causing the team select buttons to be covered up in the Team Select screen.
- Updated the Sharpness slider to use a new method of sharpening (pixel sharpening). This can help mitigate the blur from anti-aliasing. NOTE: anti aliasing level “Off” is currently not working as intended. We recommend using AA “low” or higher in combination with the sharpness slider.
- Fixed an issue with the sharpness adjustment in Graphics Settings not scaling correctly with the screen resolution.
- Fixed an issue with in-game flags looking like an oil painting.
- Fixed an issue with CAF Goose Bay AAS v1. CAF tanks had a delayed spawn, they should now spawn the same as RUS tanks, ready during the staging phase.
- Fixed an issue with Jensen’s Range not being available in map rotation list. (Servers still need to remove Jensens from the excluded level/layer configs.)
- Fixed an RCON admin tooling issue
- Fixed CAF and modded maps not being picked in server map rotations. Some server rotation issues are still being investigated and worked on.
System & Gameplay Updates
- Activated Runtime Virtual Textures Support for future optimizations to landscape shaders and foliage.
- Updated all Character skin shaders for improved visual quality. CAF characters not updated yet.
- Updated CAF soldiers to use helmet camo scrim.
- Updated & improved the lighting of the soldier model in the detailed Role Select Menu.
- Updated AK74 firing sounds to have more punch. This is an interim sound and is not final.
- Updated Timed Explosives (used by Combat Engineers/Sappers) to do 10x the damage to soft-skinned vehicles, allowing them to be destroyed with a single placed explosive. Affects all Logi and Transport Trucks, MEA Simir Jeep, CAF LUVA1 Utility Vehicle, INS/MIL Technicals, and all Helicopters.
- Updated CAF C6A1 machine gun visual appearance of the stock for improved authenticity.
- Updated CAF Arid camo textures with more authentic colouration.
- Adjusted the BTR80 & BTR82A driver POV from the window to a slightly higher viewport.
- Adjusted Militia’s deployable Log Wall collision, should now be easier to deploy a bipod on top of the log wall when you crouch behind it.
- Adjusted INS beard shader for improved visual quality.
- Adjusted GB glasses shader for improved visual quality.
- Adjusted Unarmed Kits idle pose while in Role Deployment menu.
Experimental Joystick Support for Helicopters
- Added initial experimental Joystick support for helicopters. Joystick setup is located in Settings -> Controls -> Joystick.
- Added experimental Joystick curve types (Exponential, Smooth) with adjustable factor to modify the control curve exponentially. Also allows custom dead-zones and flipping each axis, with visual live feedback while in the menu.
- Added experimental toggle switch for always free-look while in a helicopter to allow custom views while flying with a joystick. This is located in the Joystick menu.
- We appreciate any feedback pilots can provide on this experimental joystick support, we anticipate releasing a more polished version with bug fixes and more quality of life improvements in a near future release.
- Current Known Issues for this new experimental Joystick Support:
- At certain low resolutions, the “Free-Look Lock” will be displayed under joystick curves in the UI and may actually be accessible.
- Joystick HAT keybinds will currently only allow a very limited viewing degrees angle, rather than expected full side view angle.
- Alternative keybinds are not working correctly.
- Joystick action buttons are currently not bindable.
- Multiple Joysticks/Rudder Pedals/HOTAS input on the same axis will not currently work, and do not have unique individual IDs.
- “Free-Look Lock” still takes mouse input as roll and pitch unless unbound in the control menu.
- Potential “input fighting” when switching between devices during flight.
- Potential issue with HAT switch causing screenshake
Note: If you are having issues with Helicopter flying, and you are not using a Joystick, go to Settings -> Controls -> Joystick to unbind any axs bound there.
Map Updates & Bug Fixes
- Adjusted Fallujah Invasion v2 to increase attacking teams Main protection zone size, and also removed the Refugee Camp CP, which was too close to the attacker’s protection zone. Refugee Aid Building still a possible CP.
- Adjusted Mutaha RAAS v1 teams, now CAF vs RUS (instead of CAF vs MEA).
- Fixed an issue with Narva Destruction v1 Attacker/Defender teams being inverted.
- Fixed an issue with Belaya RAAS v2, teams should now correctly be set to USA vs MIL.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle spawners not working correctly on several CAF layers.
- Fixed an issue with vehicles spawners not working correctly on several Narva layers.
- Fixed an issue with Fallujah Invasion v2 where the defender and attacker teams had the wrong ticket values.
- Fixed an issue with CAF Kamdesh RAAS v1 being mislabeled as CAF Kamdesh TC v1, and vice-versa.
- Fixed an issue with Fallujah Invasion v1, the INS main base repair station was not appearing.
- Fixed an issue on Tallil Invasion v3 where the INS main base line was not connected to the last CP correctly.
- Fixed an issue with CAF Logar RAAS v1 where tanks were appearing unintentionally.
v2.0 Known Issues
- Newly discovered issue with vehicle ticket loss inconsistencies with RAAS game mode. This is being investigated and is a top priority issue for us at the moment.
- An issue with the CAF LAV6 IFV seat 4 having a glitched C6 turret gunner.
- Occasional Player (Client) crashes in various circumstances. Detailed crash reports help us fix things faster, and we truly appreciate those that have filled out and sent in crash reports.
- Track Attack Map Layers are currently not functioning correctly in v2.0. We have asked that server admins not run these map layers at this time, until they are functional.
- Various Kit icon issues – Occasionally the kit and weapon in the deploy screen squad list will show up as a white square instead of the kit.
- The deploy screen squad list will occasionally display incorrect players that are not actually in the squad.
- SL icons sometimes incorrectly show up for player kits in spawn screen squad list (and outside of the squad list).
- SL icons show up for every kit on ammo crates when rearming.
- Player kit icons are not being displayed on the scoreboard.
- A custom SVDM weapon skin is incorrectly linked to a Veterans Day steam inventory item. This skin will be a part of the OISC tournament rewards that will be going out very shortly. This one weapon being available to some non-tournament winners is a temporary bug. Enjoy it while it lasts.
- Some players may notice more blur than in v1.1. This is a side effect of optimizations and the way UE4 supports TAA. This can be mitigated by adjusting the new pixel screen sharpening in the Graphics Settings.
- Some players complained about low-res textures. This was an issue we used to have but fixed, and may have been reintroduced with some of Jhett’s texture memory changes. This can be fixed by ticking the unlock pool size box in settings menu under textures tab
- Vehicle spawn times and availability on the Vehicle Card list in the Command Map is currently not working correctly (it will show incorrect vehicle count and incorrect timer).
- HAB will sometimes show up as “red/unspawnable”, even when it is in fact spawnable. Fix has been applied but there still remain some alternative ways to reproduce this issue.
Legacy Known Issues
- Player (Client) occasional crash at the end of a round, upon map switch, due to a UE4 Particle Crash bug upon seamless map travel. Actively pursuing a fix for this crash.
- “Missing Turret in Vehicle Issue” – Occasionally vehicles have their turrets missing from the round start. This issue is a high priority for us to fix.
- “Ghost Player in Vehicle issue” – Occasionally entering a vehicle makes a player permanently take up a seat in that vehicle. This issue is a high priority to fix.
- “Mass EAC disconnect issue” – Occasionally upon the end of a round and when a map switch occurs, the majority of a server population will be disconnected with a “Server Closed Connection” message. Closely working with EAC to resolve this issue.
- “FOB teleport bug” – Occasionally upon digging a FOB down, players within a certain radius of the FOB will be teleported outside of the FOB radius in a random direction.
- Commander – When the commander changes to the UAV camera, he cannot hear local audio anymore, even though he still sees local audio transmissions in the bottom left corner. Others can still hear him when he talks. Additionally, when leaving the UAV camera, he hears all of the local audio broadcasts at the same time, originating from the point where they were initially transmitted from – even if the person doing the transmission has moved afterward. Will be addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature does not currently work with Helicopters. This will be addressed in a future update.
- Vehicle Reset Feature can freeze a vehicle in the air if used too close to a tree.
- Occasionally a player does not spawn at a Rally Point. This often happens when numerous players are spawning in at the same time — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Server performance may periodically dip when a server has a high population and high load. We are continuously working to improve server performance and optimization.
- ATGM projectiles desync for other players that are not the gunner, however, what the gunner sees should be the actual synced projectile. This is an inherent problem, and the solution is currently in long-term development.
- Vehicles parking brake gets stuck “On” if a player exits the vehicle while holding the parking brake (Default Spacebar). When encountering a vehicle that appears healthy but is not able to move, try hitting Spacebar to turn the parking brake “Off’ — This will be addressed in a future update.
- “Alt-tabbing” out of Squad during a loading screen freezes the client. The recommended solution, for now, is to run Squad in the “Borderless” mode. This can be changed in Settings -> Graphics.
- The audio module for Squad is initialized at the game start. If a player does not have a microphone plugged in at launch, or accidentally unplug their microphone and then plug it back in, Squad needs to be restarted to get the microphone to work again — This issue will likely require an engine upgrade to UE4.25 to be fixed.
- SFX bug while Firing in full auto. If the player presses the fire button for a short period, the sound effect gives the impression that you fired more rounds than you did — This will be addressed in a future update.
- Localization for most language translations is currently out of date. We plan to push a full localization pass in a future release as we lock down the text that needs to be translated for the game.
Local/Offline Issues & Bugs (these currently have a lower priority):
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – Insurgent / Militia Handheld Drone does not move in local. Local/Offline issues currently have a lower priority.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – UAV hovers in one position instead of moving along the flight path in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Commander – CAS does not do damage in local.
- Local/Offline Bug with Vehicles: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Tracks, Wheels, and other components are not destructible while on the Jensen’s Range in Local play.
- Local/Offline Bug with Weapon damages: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, Weapon damages with both Infantry and Vehicle weapons are not accurately replicated.
- Local/Offline Bug with Scoped Emplacements: When playing offline on Jensen’s Range, if a player exits an Emplacement while looking through the scope, the Scope remains on the Player’s HUD until they get back in the Emplacement and then Scope out.