April was a very busy time for us, as you can see by the feature work done below. In addition we are planning something very big towards the end of this month, so keep your eyes peeled for more media from us as well as on Youtube.
- First iteration Deployables system implemented, with unique deployables for each faction.
- First iteration Kit Role system was implemented; with 5 roles per side (Officer, Rifleman, Automatic Rifleman, Medic and Grenadier)
- Rudimentary healing system implemented
- First iteration Ammunition Resupply system added
- Added proper physics and rolling for grenades
- Atlas performance optimizations in preparation for weapon attachment system
- Lowered strafe speed for more realistic movement
- Radial menu with multiple menu levels introduced for SL commands, Deployables and other basic interactions
- Changes to tracers to reflect realistic loadouts
- Added Smoke Grenades with various colours
- Added GP-25 and M203 Grenade Launchers
- Added RPG-7
- Added footsteps dust kick up effects
- Added more environment props and assets
- Improved performance and visual fidelity of the ACOG
- Audio improvements and sound packages for the RPG7, Grenade Launchers, Smoke Grenades and Clothing
- Improved performance and visual fidelity of grenade explosions
- M1151 Enhanced Armament Carrier asset finalized
- Added a play-test environment for heavily forested areas
- Added new Scrub foliage assets for Kohat
- Updated Logar Valley with additional foliage and smoothing
We will update you on the specifics throughout the month, as well as other new developments as they happen. Once again, if you wish to support the development of Squad, help us pay for running development costs by donating!