It is time for our monthly update for February 2015!
We have a bunch of new stuff to show off and some progress updates on some existing features. Lets get into it!
- Implemented leaning system for infantry. This includes leaning while reloading/throwing grenades, etc.
- Made a huge improvement to foliage and vegetation shaders and performance with the introduction of UE 4.7.
- Added new members to the team! We are very excited to introduce a new team member Math who will be helping out with Blueprints for animations, weapons, vehicles and gameplay for the project.
- Continued work on improving the environments and props.
- Added faction specific rally points, with insurgents now having their own style.
- Polished throwable grenades with both overhand and underhand throwing.
- Made further improvements to rifle scopes.
- Made progress on several weapons such as the SVD, RPG-7 with 4 different warheads and a knife for the insurgents faction.
- Added various attachments for the US Army faction weapons.
- Made significant progress on the art side of the first vehicles. Keep in mind that the pictures are work in progress.
Over the next few weeks, we will post more specific articles about some of the progress highlighted in this post, as well as updates on current progress both here and on the Squad Forums.
As always, feel free to join the discussion on the forums. If you like what you see here, please consider donating to support the development team!