Nov 18, 2017
Alpha 9.15 is here and we're sneaking the first iteration of modding support out with it. Presenting the Squad Workshop
. Please make sure to check out the notes for more information!
- Fixed Custom Servers browser showing licensed servers.
- Changed Yeho Invasion 2 Final Stand flag minimum enemies to capture the flag to 3 like all other flags.
- Fixed a weapons cache spawning in a closed building on Logar Night Insurgency.
- Mestia: Fixed issues with vehicle claiming and vehicle respawns.
- Mestia: Did more adjustments to the lighting.
- Mestia: Regarding a performance issue some users have reported - we are able to reproduce it on one of our systems now. Unfortunately, it's not an easy fix. The affected GPUs need for a certain operation more than twenty times as long as otherwise comparable GPUs. We are still working on a solution. The only way to reduce this issue for now is lowering the in-game resolution.
- Added initial gameside support for modding and steam workshop integration. Custom servers are now allowed to run modded maps. Players trying to join a modded server will be directed to the steam workshop if they aren't subscribed to the required mods. Read more about modding in the upcoming Modding Recap article. Instructions to get started on modding can be found in the modding section of the wiki: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Category:Modding.
- Changed game files to packaged format to allow mod packs to be loaded. This causes an increased update size and update install time.
We're very, very excited to finally have this in your hands. Hit us with your feedback!